Copenhagen area

Lars Gundersen

Inger og Johannes Exner's Own House (1963)

The house was built in 1963 by the architect couple Inger and Johannes Exner for their own use. The house is considered a significant work in Danich housing as it departs from the traditional use of materials and details known from the traditional detached house.

Read more
Lars Gundersen

J.F. Willumsen's Own House (1907-1908)

The house was designed by the painter J.F. Willumsen in 1906 and built in 1907-08 as a rare example of the art nouveau style in Denmark. Willumsen lived in the house until 1928. His wife, the sculptress Edith Willumsen, who owned the house, lived here until her death in 1964.

Read more
Lars Gundersen

Jarmers Plads 2 (1956-1959)

Jarmers Plads 2 was designed by the architects Christian, Erik, and Aage Holst as headquarters of the building society Østifternes Kreditforening, in the distinct architectural style of the time.

Read more

Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge (2016-2018)

A new bridge for cyclists and pedestrians. The bridge will be placed North of Langebro and will connect the The Brewery Site with Amager. The project is expected to be completed in 2018.

Read more
Lars Gundersen

Riise's Country House (1860)

The house, erected by master painter August Jacob Christian Riise in 1860, is a well preserved representative of the characteristic 19th Century building style of Frederiksberg. Today it houses Revymuseet - the Cabaret Museum.

Read more
Kurt Rodahl Hoppe

The Anton Rosen House (1913)

The 1913 head office of the Tuborg Breweries was designed in the art nouveau style by Anton Rosen, who also designed the Palace Hotel by the Copenhagen Town Hall. The building holds a distinguished position among corporate buildings from the period and stands out with its solid, cubic form and abundance of ornamental details.

Read more
Lars Gundersen

The Fortifications Depot (1740 and later)

In 1681, the canal of Frederiksholm was dug and a depot serving the construction works on the city's fortification was established. The present buildings, military property until 2007, date from the 1740s onwards.

Read more
Per Munkgård Thorsen/Lars Degnbol

The Navy’s School for Girls (1858)

The building was designed by architect Bernhard Seidelin and built in 1858 to support the navy's activities on Holmen and in Nyboder. Designed as a school for girls it functioned as such for barely 10 years after which it housed the Naval College.

Read more
Realdania Byg

The Roman House (1960)

The Roman Houses, also known as the Kingo Houses, consist of 60 atrium houses. The houses are designed by the architect Jørn Utzon and are a pioneer example of housing developments later known as 'dense low-rise housing'.

Read more
Christian Richters

Tietgen's Agony (2009-2010)

Next to the "Marble Church" in Copenhagen Realdania Byg has built a new mixed-use residential and commercial building. The house is designed by the English architect Tony Fretton and named after the historic site on which it is situated.

Read more