The portfolio constitutes a balanced collection of important examples of Danish architectural tradition and style, which covers a whole range from historical listed buildings to newly built properties, with significant architectural, cultural or historical values in common. The list below features all of the properties alphabetically sorted.
The old court house in Esbjerg from 1892 consists of two buildings, both of which are listed. The property is a significant example of the historicist style, placed on the corner of the central town square.Read more
The villa was built in 1929 by the architect Arne Jacobsen as his private residence. An extension was added in 1931 to house a private studio.Read more
The house is part of the Søholm estate built 1945-1953 in three stages and with three types of houses all designed by Arne Jacobsen. The house was built as the architect's private house and studio - he lived here from 1951.
The house was built in 1936 as the architect Arne Jacobsen's private holiday home. The architecture displays the transition from regional to international modernism.
The house was built in the middle of the 1950s as private home for Udsen and is typical for his work during this period. Udsen is one of the Danish architects having designed the largest number of single family houses.Read more
Thisted's old town hall is a fine example of 19th Century provincial town halls built in the eclectic "historicist" style. Built in 1853 to a design by Michael G. Bindesbøll, the town hall is beautifully situated facing the main town square.
Bispebjerg Bakke is situated in the Northwest of Copenhagen and is designed by the artist, Professor Bjørn Nørgaard. It consists of 135 unique apartments built on a large green site.Read more
BLOX has huge urban potential. The objective is to
bear out this potential with a property that improves the urban
qualities of the area and connects the city to the harbour. The
building is designed by Rem Koolhass.
As part of the project Dokk1 (formerly Urban Mediaspace Aarhus) Realdania Byg is building Europe's largest and most advanced fully automatic car park with capacity for 1000 cars.Read more
The house was designed and built in 1953 by architect couple Karen and Ebbe Clemmensen and has until 2003 served as both home and studio.Read more
The country house in Snekkersten by Kay Fisker was built as a summer residence for pump manufacturer JW Friis in 1918. This property is an excellent example of neoclassicism in Denmark.Read more
The house was built in 1924 as the home of the architect Edvard Heiberg. Although showing marked classicist features, Heiberg's house is considered the first modernist house in Denmark.
Energiparcel is a research based exemplary project. Four typical single-family houses were restored in four different ways with focus on saving energy. Afterwards the houses have been sold.Read more
"Esken" (a wordplay on the Danish word for "Box") was built in 1954 by Royal Inspector of State Buildings Sven Eske Kristensen as his private holiday home. In the 1960s a guest house and a wood shed were added.Read more
The house was designed and built in 1958 by architect, Professor Halldor Gunnløgsson. Gunnløgsson lived in the house until his death in 1985, and his widow lived there until 2012.Read more
Originally designed by Simon de Pethum in 1663, the building has been expanded and remodeled several times since. It still houses the 270-year-old foundation which provides housing for widowed ladies.
Sunde Boliger (Healthy Homes) is a 1:1 demonstration project that will form a bridge between research and practice and probe possibilities for a better indoor climate with a foothold in building materials, building methods and technology.The project is a part of Realdania's initiative 'A good indoor climate'Read more
Hindsgavl Castle has roots tracing back 800 years. The present manor with its main house, wings and farm buildings, built in 1784-85 by chamberlain Christian Holger Adeler and his wife Karen Basse Fønss, is a fine example of early neo-classical Danish architecture.Read more
Two of the very few remaining 18th-century historic buildings in Greenland will be restored and refurbished to house a new restaurant and shop as well as a visitors' centre. World of Greenland, Qaasuitsup Kommunia and Realdania Byg have formed a partnership to develop the area through tourism and conservation of cultural heritage.Read more
HOUSING+ (BOLIG+ in Danish) is Danmark's first net-zero energy building, which also produces electricity for the residents' use of electrical appliances such as mobile chargers, vacuum cleaner and lighting. The Building consists of 10 apartments amassing approximately 1,200 square metres.Read more
The house was built in 1963 by the architect couple Inger and Johannes Exner for their own use. The house is considered a significant work in Danich housing as it departs from the traditional use of materials and details known from the traditional detached house.Read more
The house was designed by the painter J.F. Willumsen in 1906 and built in 1907-08 as a rare example of the art nouveau style in Denmark. Willumsen lived in the house until 1928. His wife, the sculptress Edith Willumsen, who owned the house, lived here until her death in 1964.Read more
Jarmers Plads 2 was designed by the architects Christian, Erik, and Aage Holst as headquarters of the building society Østifternes Kreditforening, in the distinct architectural style of the time.Read more
FredericiaC will transform a former industrial site located between the historical renaissance city centre and the central harbour front of Fredericia into a modern, sustainable and lively canal district with a spectacular panoramic view to the sea.Read more
Architect Knud Friis designed and built the villa for himself and his family in 1958 and extended it in 1970. The house reflects many of the attitudes and characteristics found in the architecture by Friis&Moltke.
The St. Heddinge court house was designed by Jørgen Hansen Koch while the surrounding walls and outhouses were designed by Georg Kretz. The Court House is considered the prototype of the new town halls erected throughout the country at the end of absolutism.Read more
Køge Kyst is developing the harbour and industrial area between Køge Town centre and the sea as a unique, attractive and sustainable urban district. The project will also enhance the role of Køge as a centre on Zealand and in the Øresund region as a Whole.Read more
The town hall was built in 1843-45 to a design by Royal Building Inspector Peter Kornerup. The town hall is one of the earliest and quite rare examples of the neo-Gothic style in Denmark. The house is centrally located in the town, facing the old castle with its famous 'Goose Tower'.Read more
Fredericia's town hall was built in 1860 following a design by architect Ferdinand Meldahl. It served its original dual purpose of court house and prison until 2003, albeit in later years solely as court house for the criminal court.
Situated only 20 minutes by train from central Copenhagen and with good access to the motorway Network, Nærheden occupies a prime location in the Copenhagen area.
Nærheden will be denser and more urban than the classical suburb, and the new city district will offer many opportunities for a convinient everyday life and strong Communities.
Naturbydelen is a unique residential district on the West Coast of Denmark. It offers attractive residences in the middle of a beautiful natural area, close to the medieval town centre of Ringkøbing and with a panoramic view of Ringkøbing Fjord.Read more
Nørre Vosborg, one of very
few remaining manors in the western Jutland marshes, dates back to
the 13th Century. The particularly well preserved
manor ranks as the finest in this part of the
In the early 18th century, noblewoman Karen Brahe
transformed this 16th-century building into a home for unmarried
noblewomen, a function it retained until the 1970s.
A new bridge for cyclists and pedestrians. The bridge will be placed North of Langebro and will connect the The Brewery Site with Amager. The project is expected to be completed in 2018.Read more
Poul Henningsen's own house belongs to the exclusive group of single family homes from the begining of the Modernist era which takes a stand against the traditionel villa and lays down the foundation for the favorite house of the Danes.Read more
The house, erected by master painter August Jacob Christian Riise in 1860, is a well preserved representative of the characteristic 19th Century building style of Frederiksberg. Today it houses Revymuseet - the Cabaret Museum.
The restoration of the historic house, Kalines House, aims at ensuring the proliferation of the island's centuries old building practice. Kalines House is the first part of the project 'Seaweed Houses on Læsø' - also see The Modern Seaweed HouseRead more
The erection of a new summerhouse, The Modern Seaweed House explifies how seaweed can be used as a sustainable and modernbuilding material. The Moderns Seaweed House is part of the project 'Seaweed Houses on Læsø'.Read more
The old Bishop's Palace in Ribe
dating back to 1570-80, with a few wooden beams even dating back to
1520, is possibly one of the best preserved renaissance buildings
in the country.
The 1913 head
office of the Tuborg Breweries was designed in the art nouveau
style by Anton Rosen, who also designed the Palace Hotel by the
Copenhagen Town Hall. The building holds a distinguished position
among corporate buildings from the period and stands out with its
solid, cubic form and abundance of ornamental
In 1681, the canal of Frederiksholm was dug and a depot serving the construction works on the city's fortification was established. The present buildings, military property until 2007, date from the 1740s onwards.Read more
The Grey Lighthouse in Skagen was built 1858 after drawings by the Danish architect N.S. Nebelong. It is situated on the center of Skagen Odde, and shoots 46 meters up in the sky - making it the second tallest lighthouse in Denmark.Read more
The house and the adjoining garden constitute one of architect Hack Kampmann's finest works, which exemplifies the local and regional architectural influence on early 20th-century state buildings.Read more
The House of the Harbour Master was built in 1905 following drawings by architect Ulrik Plesner. The building originally served as port office as well as homes for the harbour master and his two attendants.Read more
The House of the Superintendent of Dikes, or
Richtsen's House, was built in 1777 by Carsten Richtsen. The house
contains rich baroque interiors. The adjoining back building was
built two years later as stables and depot for the main
house was built by Oluf Bager in 1586 on the site of an earlier
building. Oluf Bager was the country's wealthiest merchant at the
time. Over the course of their 400 year history the buildings have
changed considerably in response to changes in their
In Nyborg, six new single family homes will be built. In five of them different ways to reduce CO2 emissions will be explored, while in the sixth the lessons learnt will be combined to form the prototype for the single family home of the future.Read more
The building was designed by architect Bernhard Seidelin and built in 1858 to support the navy's activities on Holmen and in Nyboder. Designed as a school for girls it functioned as such for barely 10 years after which it housed the Naval College.
The Roman Houses, also known as the Kingo Houses, consist of 60 atrium houses. The houses are designed by the architect Jørn Utzon and are a pioneer example of housing developments later known as 'dense low-rise housing'.Read more
The house at Skovbølling is a particularly
well preserved example of the state financed smallholdings common
in the first half of the 20th Century. The
buildings are designed in the "Bedre Byggeskik" style, a Danish
version of the Arts & Crafts movement.
Next to the "Marble Church" in Copenhagen Realdania Byg has built a new mixed-use residential and commercial building. The house is designed by the English architect Tony Fretton and named after the historic site on which it is situated.Read more
Sorø town hall was designed by architect Vilhelm Tvede and built in 1880 after a fire had destroyed the previous, neo-classicistic, town hall from 1844, of which only the prison wing exists today.
Varming's house was drawn in 1952 by the architects couple Koppel in a unique coorperation with the engineer Varming. The house is considered as an icon within Nordic housing as it shows innovation in Danish family housing.Read more