In this category we have collected a number of Realdania Byg's properties which have all in some way or another accommodated a business or office; this might be a humble state-sponsored smallholding, where self-sufficiency was the driving force, or a 16th-century merchant's premises, a modern brewery or an eight-storey city-centre office block.
BLOX has huge urban potential. The objective is to
bear out this potential with a property that improves the urban
qualities of the area and connects the city to the harbour. The
building is designed by Rem Koolhass.
As part of the project Dokk1 (formerly Urban Mediaspace Aarhus) Realdania Byg is building Europe's largest and most advanced fully automatic car park with capacity for 1000 cars.Read more
Hindsgavl Castle has roots tracing back 800 years. The present manor with its main house, wings and farm buildings, built in 1784-85 by chamberlain Christian Holger Adeler and his wife Karen Basse Fønss, is a fine example of early neo-classical Danish architecture.Read more
Two of the very few remaining 18th-century historic buildings in Greenland will be restored and refurbished to house a new restaurant and shop as well as a visitors' centre. World of Greenland, Qaasuitsup Kommunia and Realdania Byg have formed a partnership to develop the area through tourism and conservation of cultural heritage.Read more
Jarmers Plads 2 was designed by the architects Christian, Erik, and Aage Holst as headquarters of the building society Østifternes Kreditforening, in the distinct architectural style of the time.Read more
Nørre Vosborg, one of very
few remaining manors in the western Jutland marshes, dates back to
the 13th Century. The particularly well preserved
manor ranks as the finest in this part of the
In the early 18th century, noblewoman Karen Brahe
transformed this 16th-century building into a home for unmarried
noblewomen, a function it retained until the 1970s.
The house, erected by master painter August Jacob Christian Riise in 1860, is a well preserved representative of the characteristic 19th Century building style of Frederiksberg. Today it houses Revymuseet - the Cabaret Museum.
The 1913 head
office of the Tuborg Breweries was designed in the art nouveau
style by Anton Rosen, who also designed the Palace Hotel by the
Copenhagen Town Hall. The building holds a distinguished position
among corporate buildings from the period and stands out with its
solid, cubic form and abundance of ornamental
In 1681, the canal of Frederiksholm was dug and a depot serving the construction works on the city's fortification was established. The present buildings, military property until 2007, date from the 1740s onwards.Read more
The house and the adjoining garden constitute one of architect Hack Kampmann's finest works, which exemplifies the local and regional architectural influence on early 20th-century state buildings.Read more
The House of the Harbour Master was built in 1905 following drawings by architect Ulrik Plesner. The building originally served as port office as well as homes for the harbour master and his two attendants.Read more
The House of the Superintendent of Dikes, or
Richtsen's House, was built in 1777 by Carsten Richtsen. The house
contains rich baroque interiors. The adjoining back building was
built two years later as stables and depot for the main
house was built by Oluf Bager in 1586 on the site of an earlier
building. Oluf Bager was the country's wealthiest merchant at the
time. Over the course of their 400 year history the buildings have
changed considerably in response to changes in their
The building was designed by architect Bernhard Seidelin and built in 1858 to support the navy's activities on Holmen and in Nyboder. Designed as a school for girls it functioned as such for barely 10 years after which it housed the Naval College.
The house at Skovbølling is a particularly
well preserved example of the state financed smallholdings common
in the first half of the 20th Century. The
buildings are designed in the "Bedre Byggeskik" style, a Danish
version of the Arts & Crafts movement.
Next to the "Marble Church" in Copenhagen Realdania Byg has built a new mixed-use residential and commercial building. The house is designed by the English architect Tony Fretton and named after the historic site on which it is situated.Read more