In this category we have collected a number of Realdania Byg's properties which have all in some way or another accommodated a business or office; this might be a humble state-sponsored smallholding, where self-sufficiency was the driving force, or a 16th-century merchant's premises, a modern brewery or an eight-storey city-centre office block.
The house and the adjoining garden constitute one of architect Hack Kampmann's finest works, which exemplifies the local and regional architectural influence on early 20th-century state buildings.Read more
The House of the Harbour Master was built in 1905 following drawings by architect Ulrik Plesner. The building originally served as port office as well as homes for the harbour master and his two attendants.Read more
The House of the Superintendent of Dikes, or
Richtsen's House, was built in 1777 by Carsten Richtsen. The house
contains rich baroque interiors. The adjoining back building was
built two years later as stables and depot for the main
house was built by Oluf Bager in 1586 on the site of an earlier
building. Oluf Bager was the country's wealthiest merchant at the
time. Over the course of their 400 year history the buildings have
changed considerably in response to changes in their
The building was designed by architect Bernhard Seidelin and built in 1858 to support the navy's activities on Holmen and in Nyboder. Designed as a school for girls it functioned as such for barely 10 years after which it housed the Naval College.
The house at Skovbølling is a particularly
well preserved example of the state financed smallholdings common
in the first half of the 20th Century. The
buildings are designed in the "Bedre Byggeskik" style, a Danish
version of the Arts & Crafts movement.
Next to the "Marble Church" in Copenhagen Realdania Byg has built a new mixed-use residential and commercial building. The house is designed by the English architect Tony Fretton and named after the historic site on which it is situated.Read more