The largest component in Realdania Byg's collection is constituted by private homes. The majority of these are single-family houses, but, then again, this is also true of the official residence of the gaol keeper, the county prefect and the superintendent of dikes or the home of the local squire. Here, however, only properties are included which were constructed as ordinary homes for everyday use, regardless of the inhabitants' daily activities.
The villa was built in 1929 by the architect Arne Jacobsen as his private residence. An extension was added in 1931 to house a private studio.Read more
The house is part of the Søholm estate built 1945-1953 in three stages and with three types of houses all designed by Arne Jacobsen. The house was built as the architect's private house and studio - he lived here from 1951.
The house was built in the middle of the 1950s as private home for Udsen and is typical for his work during this period. Udsen is one of the Danish architects having designed the largest number of single family houses.Read more
Bispebjerg Bakke is situated in the Northwest of Copenhagen and is designed by the artist, Professor Bjørn Nørgaard. It consists of 135 unique apartments built on a large green site.Read more
BLOX has huge urban potential. The objective is to
bear out this potential with a property that improves the urban
qualities of the area and connects the city to the harbour. The
building is designed by Rem Koolhass.
The house was designed and built in 1953 by architect couple Karen and Ebbe Clemmensen and has until 2003 served as both home and studio.Read more
The house was built in 1924 as the home of the architect Edvard Heiberg. Although showing marked classicist features, Heiberg's house is considered the first modernist house in Denmark.
Energiparcel is a research based exemplary project. Four typical single-family houses were restored in four different ways with focus on saving energy. Afterwards the houses have been sold.Read more
The house was designed and built in 1958 by architect, Professor Halldor Gunnløgsson. Gunnløgsson lived in the house until his death in 1985, and his widow lived there until 2012.Read more
Originally designed by Simon de Pethum in 1663, the building has been expanded and remodeled several times since. It still houses the 270-year-old foundation which provides housing for widowed ladies.