Odense’s Convent of the Noble Virgin
Read more about the property
Log ind info
Odense Secular Convent for Noblewomen is an exceptionally well-preserved piece of architecture which bears witness to 500 years of Danish history. Built in 1504, Odense’s Convent of the Noble Virgin, situated in the historic city centre, is one of Denmark’s oldest preservation-worthy buildings.
The history of the building known as the Odense Secular Convent for Noblewomen or "Jomfruklosteret" goes back more than 500 years. The house was built as a bishop's palace in 1504. Subsequently, it was both a royal manor and the property of noble families for several generations. Only during the 18th century was it fitted out as the secular convent building we know today
400 pages with photos, illustrations and text